Sanjeev Walia is the current Saharanpur Mayor. He is 44 years old.
In the political decision being held to choose the regional government in Uttar Pradesh, today, in the counting of decisions in favor of the post of Saharanpur Mayor, there was a prickly battle between the candidates of BJP and Bahujan Samaj Party. After this Sanjeev Walia came on a major lead. In the civic decisions, Sanjeev Walia of BJP has turned into the main city hall leader of Saharanpur by winning the political race.
Sanjeev Walia (Saharanpur Mayor) defeated Fazlur Rahman of BSP by 1996 votes. At first Fazlur Rahman was leading but after 14 rounds Sanjeev Walia started to lead and went on till the success. After Walia’s victory, the BSP created a ruckus alleging fake votes. The BSP charges that 2066 votes have been counted more than the votes which were accounted for by the Information Department. The strain is occupied in persuading the BSPs who are causing commotion. The organization has pronounced the triumph of Sanjeev Walia of BJP.
He done his M.A. from Commerce J.V. Jain Degree College Saharanpur Meerut University in 1990.
J.V. Jain Degree College Saharanpur Meerut University:
J. V. Jain College, Saharanpur was laid out in 1955 partnered to Chaudhary Charan Singh University, Meerut to take special care of the requirements of advanced education in western Uttar Pradesh. By and by, it is one of the head instructive organizations of the State incorporating an immense, wonderful and contamination free grounds having huge jungle gyms and exploratory fields, rose garden, Indoor Stadium, exceptional Library, Administrative Block, Spacious Auditorium, Guest House, Community Center, Medical Center, Bank, Residential Quarters for employees and workers.
The role of the mayor:
1. The mayor is elected by the people and recognised as the civic leader of the community.
2. As part of the leadership role the mayor is involved in advancing community cohesion and promoting civic awareness and is the principal member and spokesperson for Council, including representing the views of the council as to its local priorities. Promoting part The mayor is chosen by individuals and perceived as the municipal head of the local area.
3. As a piece of the strategic place of power the mayor is locked in with impelling neighborhood and propelling local area care and is the fundamental part and delegate for Council, including tending to the points of view on the chamber concerning its close by needs. Propelling associations with various accomplices is another huge occupation of the city mayornerships with different partners is one more significant job of the mayor.
4. The mayor directs the board gatherings and deals with the lead of members at chamber gatherings.
5. At Redland City, the mayor is likewise the Chair of the Local Disaster Management Group.
6. The mayor directs standard General Council Meetings, where councilors discussion and decision on movements, and deals with the lead of members at these chamber gatherings.
7. At the point when the mayor is inaccessible, a deputy mayor can act as the mayor. The deputy mayor is chosen by a larger part of the councilors.
Duties and Responsibilities of the Mayor:
The Municipal Act, 2001, Section 225, identifies the Mayor’s responsibilities as follows:
• To be head of the municipal council and to act as Chief Executive Officer of the Corporation.
• To preside over council meetings.
• To provide leadership to council.
• To represent the municipality at official functions.
• To carry out the duties of the Head of Council under this or any other Act.
• To perform duties of a member of council as outlined in the Municipal Act, 2001, Section 224.
The Mayor will likewise act as an individual from district board and is expected to go to all normal and unique gatherings of province chamber as well as any standing panels to which he/she might be selected.
Who is the mayor?
A person who is elected to be the leader of the group of people (a council) who manage the affairs of a town or city.
Saharanpur Mayor contact number:
Saharanpur Mayor address:
Gurudwara Road, Saharanpur-247001